Fish Don’t Mind The Flood Gates

Hot is the word for temperatures right now.  90 is predicted for today and the rest of the week looks like 80s to 90s all the way through the weekend.  Our rain chances for Monday have backed off a little…only 40% chance now with possibility of scattered showers in the a.m.  Next weekend is looking like 50-60% chance of showers.

Flood gates are still open, but rumor has it that once Table Rock gets to around 917 feet, they might shut off the flood gates.  Since 917 is power pool this time of the year, we might also see no generators unless there is a demand for power.  And, with the temperatures the way they are right now, we will probably have some power demands somewhere.

Fishing continues to be good.  Darrell on the water for half a day yesterday with Greg and Dennis from Texas.  Very good day for these guys on the rusty midge under the big ruby.  Scott and “Rizzo” were on the water with Jim again.  They had fished with him Friday.  Another good day on the hot hare’s ear or copperhead black zebra midges under the ruby.  Stan had an afternoon half day trip with Lance and his son, Matthew.  They are from Texas but Matthew is attending college in Columbia. MO.  Good day for these new fly fishers on the ruby 2 under the big ruby.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.


**